Build Your Future
Build Your Future
Join the Watco Family
Watco is a company founded on great people – and one that continues to grow and succeed because of great people. Our team members are a critical part of our success and our biggest differentiator. We strive to communicate openly and treat everyone honestly and fairly. We look out for our team members’ safety and overall well-being. We’re growing fast, and we offer a clear path for those interested in being future leaders.
Our culture reflects the importance we place on customers, team members, and safety. It’s our belief that taking care of these three areas is the right way to take care of business.
Our company has heart and passion for serving customers and for solving any supply chain challenge.
Watco cares deeply about our people. We focus on bringing out the best in people, supporting their goals and offering opportunities for team members to develop their skills and broaden their experiences.
Safety is at the center of everything Watco does. We look out for team members’ safety and overall well-being, doing everything in our power to return you home just as you arrived.
Perks & Benefits
- Paid on-the-job training
- Competitive wages
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Employer-matching 401(k) plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Career advancement opportunities
Please be sure to use Google Chrome as your web browser when completing the online application process. You may use your mobile device, but you will have to zoom in and out to complete the required fields.
- Step 1: Go to our Career Opportunities page by using the “Search All Jobs” feature.
- Step 2: On the left side of the page, refine your search by state to find openings in your area. Your page will auto refresh to show all open positions in the selected state.
- Step 3: Select the title of the job that interests you. Your page will auto refresh to the job description for the job title you selected.
- Step 4: To begin your application process, select the “Apply” button In the upper right corner. Your page will auto refresh to the “Sign In” page.
- Step 5: Create a new profile or log in with your username and password. If you do not remember your password, there is a “Forgot your password” option. Your page will auto refresh to update/create your profile in our system.
- Step 6: Complete the required fields and attach a resume. If you do not have a resume, then please complete the “work history” portion of our application process. Please note: Work history is the most important part of any application as the hiring team looks here first to see if you are qualified for the position. Once you’ve completed the profile page, select the “next” button in the bottom right corner. Your page will auto refresh to the application page.
- Step 7: Complete all required fields. Once completed select the “apply” button in the bottom right corner.
After your application has been submitted and you’ve received your “Thank you for applying” email, you should hear from a recruiter by phone call or email within two weeks. If you do not hear from a recruiter and would like to check in, contact the recruiting department at (620) 235-7399.
You will need to submit an online application for each position that interests you.
Yes, you must submit a new application to be considered for all newly posted positions.
No, you must apply online to be considered for a Watco position. If you need assistance completing the online application, please call the recruiting line at (620) 235-7399 and leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to help you with your online application.
Watco will send a “thank you for applying” email, which will indicate that you have successfully submitted your application for the position.
To check the status of your application, please sign back into your original account on our Careers page to view the job submission status. If there is an initial match with your experience, a recruiter will contact you directly. You may also email email@example.com or call our recruiting line at (620) 235-7399 and leave a voicemail message. You can anticipate hearing back from a recruiter in roughly 1-2 business days.
One of our recruiters will review your completed application. If you are selected as a potential fit for the position, we will contact you and invite you to participate in the screening and interview stages of the process.
Depending on the position, the Watco recruitment team may conduct phone interviews followed by one or several in-person interviews before an employment offer is extended. Typically, a new hire starts working within two weeks of accepting Watco’s offer.
On average, it takes 10-15 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time, as our system saves some of your application profile information.
For some positions, yes, but for others, no. For example, we have entry-level team members who receive on-the-job training to become train conductors. Please be sure to review each job description carefully to determine whether specific skills are required.
Watco is committed to our team members’ professional growth. Watco team members have multiple opportunities to learn and develop professionally. Watco University, our award-winning training program, offers nearly 150 online business and industry training courses. In addition, Watco offers leadership development programs. If you are seeking an exciting career with growth opportunities, Watco is for you!
If you have a question that is not listed here, including questions about hiring events, your specific job offer, or our new-hire paperwork, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (620) 235-7399 and leave a voicemail message.