Build Your Future
Build Your Future
Join the Watco Family
Watco is a company founded on great people – and one that continues to grow and succeed because of great people. Our team members are a critical part of our success and our biggest differentiator – they’re the reason for our strong reputation. We look out for our team members’ safety and overall well-being. We’re growing fast, and we offer a clear path for those interested in being future leaders.
Our culture is something we hold dear and something we protect. It reflects the importance we place on customers, team members, and safety. It’s our belief that taking care of these three areas is the right way to take care of business.
Our company has heart and passion for serving customers and for solving any supply chain challenge.
Watco cares deeply about our people. We focus on bringing out the best in people, supporting their goals and offering opportunities for team members to develop their skills and broaden their experiences.
Safety is at the center of everything Watco does. We look out for team members’ safety and overall well-being, doing everything in our power to return you home just as you arrived.
Watco’s Perks & Benefits Have You Covered
As a Watco team member, you are our top priority. We emphasize how important you are to us by providing perks and benefits that support you and your family.
- 401(k) Plan
- Advancement Opportunities
- Paid On-the-Job Training
- Paid Vacation
- Award-Winning Culture
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
Railcar MechanicLearn More
Equipment OperatorLearn More
Transportation CoordinatorLearn More
Railroad DispatchersLearn More
Transitioning Service Members
Watco has a well-established and growing commitment to transitioning military.
Learn more about our career opportunities and internship programs for those making the move to a civilian team.
Our system functions well with Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox web browsers and can be used on Computer or Mobile platforms.
- Step 1: Use the Search All Careers feature to go to a listing of All Careers at Watco. If you’re a member of the military, you also can visit the Transitioning Service Members page for a listing of careers at Watco and also internships that match military experience.
- Step 2: You can refine your search by making selections for career category or search by keywords such as geographic location and then using the “Search Careers” button.
- Step 3: Select the title of a role that interests you. Your screen will auto-refresh to the description for the role you selected. (To return at any time to the complete list of jobs, use the “Back to search results” feature)
- Step 4: To begin your application process, select the “Apply now” button. Your screen will auto-refresh to the “Sign In” page.
- Step 5: Create a new profile or log in with your username and password. (If you do not remember your password, there is a “Forgot your password” option.) Your page will auto-refresh to update/create your profile in our system.
- Step 6: Complete the required fields. Attaching a resume is optional. If you do not have a resume, then please complete the “Previous Employment” portion of our application process. Please note: Work history is the most important part of any application as the hiring team looks here first to see if you are qualified for the position.
- Step 7: Once you’ve completed your profile, select Apply.
After your application has been submitted and you’ve received your “Thank you for applying” email, you should hear from a recruiter by phone call or email. To follow up on your application, contact the recruiting department at (620) 235-7399.
You will need to submit an online application for each position that interests you.
Yes, you must submit a new application to be considered for all newly posted positions.
No, you must apply online to be considered for a Watco position. If you need assistance completing the online application, please call the recruiting line at (620) 235-7399 and leave a message or email email@example.com. We are always happy to help you with your online application.
Watco will send a “thank you for applying” email, which will indicate that you have successfully submitted your application for the position.
If there is an initial match with your experience, a recruiter will contact you directly. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our recruiting line at (620) 235-7399 and leave a voicemail message. You’ll hear back from us shortly.
One of our recruiters will review your completed application. If you are selected as a potential fit for the position, we will contact you and invite you to participate in the screening and interview stages of the process.
Depending on the position, the Watco recruitment team may conduct phone interviews followed by one or several in-person interviews before an employment offer is extended. Typically, a new hire starts working within two weeks of accepting Watco’s offer.
On average, it takes 10-15 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time, as our system saves some of your application profile information.
For some positions, yes, but for others, no. For example, we have entry-level team members who receive on-the-job training to become train conductors. Please be sure to review each job description carefully to determine whether specific skills are required. And remember: Military experience counts.
Watco is committed to our team members’ professional growth. Watco team members have multiple opportunities to learn and develop professionally. Watco University, our award-winning training program, offers nearly 150 online business and industry training courses. In addition, Watco offers leadership development programs. And we have an on-the-job training internship program specifically to help transitioning members of the military. If you are seeking an exciting career with growth opportunities, Watco is for you!
If you have a question that is not listed here, including questions about hiring events, your specific job offer, or our new-hire paperwork, you may email email@example.com or call (620) 235-7399 and leave a voicemail message.